Crisp strips of shortcut bacon, fresh leeks, spinach and ricotta combine to make a pasta bonanza.
The ingredient of Tomato & bacon penne
- 400g penne pasta
- 6 rashers shortcut bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 125g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 leek, halved lengthways and finely sliced
The instruction how to make Tomato & bacon penne
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to packet directions until al dente. Meanwhile, cut the bacon into 3 pieces lengthways then crossways into thin strips.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan on medium. Cook the bacon and leek for 5 mins stirring often until the leek is soft and the bacon is brown. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 mins until just softened.
- Drain pasta and add to frying pan along with the spinach. Toss to combine and lightly wilt the spinach. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and crumble most of the ricotta over. Turn gently until just combined. Serve with remaining ricotta crumbled over top.
Nutritions of Tomato & bacon pennefatContent: