Served with fettuccine, this tomatoey sausage and mushroom ragu is ready in just 10 minutes – bellissimo!
The ingredient of Summer sausage ragu
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 flat mushrooms
- 500g Italian beef and pork sausages
- 375g packet fresh fettuccine
- 400g can cherry tomatoes in juice
- 350g jar tomato, olive and chilli stir in pasta sauce
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Summer sausage ragu
- Boil kettle.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cut mushrooms in half, then slice. Add to pan. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Cut a slit along each sausage and place mince into pan. Discard casings. Cook, breaking up sausages with a wooden spoon, for 2 minutes or until browned all over.
- Meanwhile, place boiling water in a large saucepan over high heat. Add pasta.
- Add cherry tomatoes and sauce to sausage mixture. Stir well to combine. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, roughly tear basil leaves. Add to sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Drain pasta and add to sauce. Toss well to combine. Divide pasta among serving bowls. Top with parmesan and sprinkle with extra basil leaves. Serve.
Nutritions of Summer sausage ragufatContent: