Add a touch of gourmet to your midweek menu, with this prawn pasta tossed in a sundried tomato pesto.
The ingredient of Orecchiette with prawns and sundried tomato pesto
- 350g Barilla Orecchiette pasta
- 1/2 jar Barilla Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 16 medium green prawns, heads removed and de-veined
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large broccoli, cut into florets
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Salt, to taste
The instruction how to make Orecchiette with prawns and sundried tomato pesto
- Bring plenty of water to the boil in a large saucepan. When boiling, add rock salt. We recommend 7 grams per litre of water.
- Drop the pasta into the water and stir. Cook as per the instructions on the box.
- Split the prawns into two piles. Cut one pile in half and leave the others whole
- In a large fry pan with some oil, brown the garlic and chili, then add the prawns. Season to taste.
- Add the wine and allow it to evaporate. Cook the prawns for few minutes on each side.
- Mix the tomatoes in a bowl with the Sundried Tomato Pesto.
- Three minutes before the pasta is ready, add the broccoli florets to the pasta water.
- Drain the pasta 1 minute before the suggested cooking time, saving one ladle of cooking water. Toss the drained pasta and cooking water into the fry pan with the prawns and cook for the final minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the tomato Pesto mixture. Ensure all the pasta is well coasted, then serve immediately with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil
Nutritions of Orecchiette with prawns and sundried tomato pestofatContent: