Our friends at Barilla have created this delectable whole grain spaghetti with veal dish thats perfect to be shared with your loved ones.
The ingredient of Whole grain spaghetti with veal, speck ragu and napoletana sauce
- 350g Barilla whole grain spaghetti
- 1 jar Barilla napoletana pasta sauce
- 250g veal mince
- 80g Italian speck, small diced
- 80g grana padano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 onion, thinly diced
- 1/2 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Whole grain spaghetti with veal, speck ragu and napoletana sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring plenty of water to the boil. When the water is boiling, add rock salt (7g to a litre of water).
- Drop the Barilla whole grain spaghetti into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
- Meanwhile, in a large fry pan, heat a little oil. When hot, add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme and cook for 3 minutes on a gentle heat.
- Add the speck and cook for 3 minutes. Add veal mince and cook until browned. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Add wine and allow it to evaporate.
- Add stock and simmer for 5 minutes, then add Barilla napoletana sauce and bring back to a simmer.
- Drain the pasta 1 minute before the suggested time and toss it into the saucepan with u00bd cup of cooking water to allow the pasta to finish cooking in the pan.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Grana Padano cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Nutritions of Whole grain spaghetti with veal, speck ragu and napoletana saucefatContent: