Looking for a lighter pasta recipe? This caserecce with Sicilian vegetables may very well be the perfect dish for you.
The ingredient of Casarecce with Sicilian vegetable caponata, salted ricotta and arrabbiata sauce
- 350g Barilla Casarecce pasta
- 1 jar Barilla Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry chilli
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 eggplant, diced 1cm
- 1 celery stick, diced 1 cm
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced 1 cm
- 1/2 red onion, diced 1 cm
- 1/3 cup of sultanas
- 10 fresh oregano leaves
- 50g salted Ricotta, grated
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Casarecce with Sicilian vegetable caponata, salted ricotta and arrabbiata sauce
- In a large fry pan, heat a little oil, then add the red onion, garlic, chilli and cook for 3 minutes. Add celery and capsicum and cook for 3 extra minutes, then add eggplant and sultanas and cook for a final 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring plenty of water to the boil. When the water is boiling, add rock salt (7g to a litre of water).
- Drop the Barilla casarecce into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
- Add the Barilla arrabbiata sauce to the vegetables and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Add oregano.
- Drain the pasta 1 minute before the suggested time and toss it into the pan with u00bd cup of cooking water to allow the pasta to finish cooking in the pan.
- Once the pasta has absorbed all the liquid, add the salted Ricotta cheese and serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Nutritions of Casarecce with Sicilian vegetable caponata, salted ricotta and arrabbiata saucefatContent: