Keep it simple with this quick and easy version of spinach and cheese pasta.
The ingredient of Penne with spinach & almond pesto
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds, toasted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) fresh low-fat ricotta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup (25g) freshly grated parmesan
- 400g penne rigate
The instruction how to make Penne with spinach & almond pesto
- Blanch spinach in a large pan of lightly salted, simmering water for 10 seconds until wilted. Drain and immediately refresh under cold water. Drain again.
- Squeeze as much liquid from the spinach as possible, then roughly chop. Place in a food processor with the garlic, almonds, oil, ricotta and 2 tablespoons parmesan, season, then blend until smooth and a vibrant green colour.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup (60ml) cooking water. Return pasta to pan with the pesto and reserved water. Stir over low heat for 30 seconds until combined and warmed through.
- Divide pasta among bowls, sprinkle with remaining parmesan, then serve.
Nutritions of Penne with spinach & almond pestofatContent: 499.271 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 72 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein
sodiumContent: 20 milligrams cholesterol