Winter brings slow cooked meat that falls apart with a fork. This Italian twist topped with jumbo ravioli and melty cheese will be a crowd pleaser for the whole family.
The ingredient of Slow-cooked beef with cheesy ravioli recipe
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.8 kg gravy beef, excess fat trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cup) beef stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) red wine
- 2 x 250g pkts Grand Italian King Island Beef Ragu Ravioliacci
- 125ml (1/2 cup) passata
- 85g (3/4 cup) pre-grated 4 cheese melt
- Fried sage leaves, to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 90g rindless bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 20g (1/2 cup) panko breadcrumbs
The instruction how to make Slow-cooked beef with cheesy ravioli recipe
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat. In batches, cook the beef, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Add onion to pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and thyme, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Add browned beef, tomato, stock and wine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 45 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly and beef is tender. Season. Use a wooden spoon to break up large pieces of meat slightly.
- Preheat grill on high. Cook ravioli in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain and transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add half the passata and toss until combined.
- Meanwhile, to make the bacon crumbs, heat the oil in a frying pan over mediumhigh heat. Add the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes or until starting to brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl. Add the breadcrumbs to the pan and cook, tossing, for 2-4 minutes or until lightly golden. Return bacon to the pan and toss until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the beef mixture into a 2L (8 cup) ovenproof dish. Top with the ravioli and drizzle with the remaining passata. Sprinkle with the cheese. Grill for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden. Sprinkle with the bacon crumbs and fried sage leaves.
Nutritions of Slow-cooked beef with cheesy ravioli recipefatContent: 772.926 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 34 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 72.5 grams protein