This pasta with pesto is ready presto!
The ingredient of Roast cherry tomato and rocket pesto spaghetti
- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 375g spaghetti
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- 80g (1/2 cup) pine nuts
- 1 cup firmly packed coarsely chopped baby rocket
- 1/3 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 185ml (3/4 cup) olive oil
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
- Pinch of salt
The instruction how to make Roast cherry tomato and rocket pesto spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place the tomatoes in a roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and season with salt. Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until brown and tender. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- While pasta is cooking, to make the rocket pesto, place the pine nuts in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until toasted. Remove from heat. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool. Place in the bowl of a food processor. Add rocket, basil and garlic, and process until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add oil in a thin, steady stream until combined. Add the parmesan and process until combined. Taste and season with salt.
- Add the pesto and tomatoes to the pasta and gently toss until combined.
- Divide pasta among serving bowls. Top with parmesan and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Roast cherry tomato and rocket pesto spaghettifatContent: 992.806 calories
saturatedFatContent: 70 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 69 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein
sodiumContent: 9 milligrams cholesterol