Take advantage of seasonal vegetables with this wholesome vegetarian pasta topped with toasted pine nuts and ricotta.
The ingredient of Spring vegetable pasta with ricotta
- 375g Coles Brand bowties pasta
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen baby peas
- 100g snow peas, halved diagonally
- 25g butter
- 2 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 125g fresh firm ricotta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
The instruction how to make Spring vegetable pasta with ricotta
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente, adding the broccoli, baby peas and snow peas in last 2 mins of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup (80ml) of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta mixture to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the squash and garlic, stirring, for 2 mins or until golden.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, squash mixture, reserved cooking liquid and half the ricotta to the pasta mixture. Toss gently until combined. Divide among serving bowls. Sprinkle with pine nuts and remaining ricotta.
Nutritions of Spring vegetable pasta with ricottafatContent: 525.8 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein