Create this winter-warming pasta bake using mixed mushrooms, bacon, silverbeet and sourdough bread.
The ingredient of Silverbeet and mixed mushroom pasta bake
- 50g butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 400g mixed mushrooms, thickly sliced (see note)
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 200g shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 300ml light thickened cream for cooking
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 small bunch silverbeet, trimmed
- 6 fresh lasagne sheets, each cut crossways into thirds
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup grated colby cheese
The instruction how to make Silverbeet and mixed mushroom pasta bake
- Heat half the butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large, deep frying pan over mediumhigh heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring, for 8 minutes or until golden and soft. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and remaining butter in pan. Add onion and bacon to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion has softened and bacon is crisp. Add garlic, thyme and lemon rind. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add flour. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add cream and stock. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 12-cup-capacity baking dish.
- Using a small, sharp knife, separate silverbeet leaves from stems. Roughly chop stems and set aside. Roughly chop leaves. Place lasagne sheets, one at a time, in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 seconds or until just tender. Remove using tongs. Add to sauce mixture in pan. Turn to coat. Add silverbeet leaves to boiling water. Cook for 1 minute or until just wilted. Drain well.
- Add silverbeet leaves and stems, and mushrooms to pasta mixture. Stir to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared dish.
- Combine bread, cheese and remaining oil in bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over pasta mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Silverbeet and mixed mushroom pasta bakefatContent: 562.128 calories
saturatedFatContent: 38.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 34.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 18.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 63 milligrams cholesterol