Finish this eggplant-packed pasta bake under the grill to melt the mozzarella cheese topping.
The ingredient of Eggplant pasta bake
- 300g penne rigate
- 1.4 cup olive oil
- 150g fresh ricotta
- 3 long eggplants, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 690g bottle pasta sauce
- 150g mozzarella, grated
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
The instruction how to make Eggplant pasta bake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease a 6-cup capacity ovenproof baking dish. Combine ricotta and basil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet directions or until al dente. Drain well and spoon into baking dish.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook eggplant for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Pour pasta sauce over pasta and arrange eggplant on top. Place spoonfuls of ricotta mixture on the eggplant and sprinkle with grated mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is golden brown.
Nutritions of Eggplant pasta bakefatContent: