Vodka imparts a delicious flavour to this pea and ham pasta dish.
The ingredient of Pasta with vodka
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) vodka
- 400g spaghetti
- 250ml (1 cup) cream
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- Grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Pasta with vodka
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over low heat. Add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chilli, tomatoes and vodka and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until reduced and pulpy.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Add cream, ham and peas to the sauce and stir to combine, then season well. Drain pasta then toss in the sauce. Serve sprinkled with parmesan.
Nutritions of Pasta with vodkafatContent: 576.229 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein
sodiumContent: 78 milligrams cholesterol