Those watching their weight can have their creamy pasta - and eat it too - with this tasty low-fat version.
The ingredient of Creamy bacon & mushroom fettuccine
- 375g fettuccine
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 x 125g pkts weight watchers 98% fat free bacon, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 500g button mushrooms, halved
- 5g reduced-fat dairy spread
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 560ml (2 1/4 cups) skim milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra light thickened cream
- 30g (1/3 cup, lightly packed) coarsely grated reduced-fat cheddar
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy bacon & mushroom fettuccine
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water until al dente. Add the broccolini in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and mushroom and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt the spread in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until combined. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk and cream until combined. Place the mixture over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Add cheddar and shredded parmesan. Stir until melted.
- Add the pasta mixture and bacon mixture to pan and stir until combined. Divide pasta among serving bowls. Season with salt and pepper and top with shaved parmesan.
Nutritions of Creamy bacon & mushroom fettuccinefatContent: 623.79 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 87 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein