With the tang of cheddar and mustard, this tasty frittata is family favourite.
The ingredient of Bacon and mustard frittata with tomato
- 10 eggs
- 65g (3/4 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 3 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g shortcut rindless bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 large brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Continental parsley leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Bacon and mustard frittata with tomato
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Whisk together the eggs, cheddar and mustard in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 16cm-diameter (base measurement), 1.25L (5-cup) capacity ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until light golden.
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach wilts.
- Reduce heat to very low. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Shake to evenly distribute the egg. Arrange the tomato on top. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until the frittata is set around the edge but still runny in the centre. Place the frying pan in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the frittata is golden brown and just set.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the frittata. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutritions of Bacon and mustard frittata with tomatofatContent: 366.865 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein