Start your day with this healthy muesli which is filled with the goodness of fruit, bran and seeds.
The ingredient of Cinnamon and cranberry muesli
- 140g (1 1/2 cups) rolled oats
- 40g (1 cup) bran flakes
- 60g (1/2 cup) bran cereal
- 45g (1/4 cup) whole unroasted cashews
- 50g (1/3 cup) craisins (Ocean Spray brand)
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 20g reduced-fat dairy spread
- Skim milk, to serve
- Poached pineapple & strawberries (see related recipe), to serve
The instruction how to make Cinnamon and cranberry muesli
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Combine the oats, bran flakes, bran cereal, cashews, craisins, pepitas, sunflower seeds and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Place maple syrup and dairy spread in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until dairy spread melts and mixture is well combined. Drizzle oat mixture with maple-syrup mixture. Use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
- Spoon oat mixture into a roasting pan. Cook in preheated oven, stirring every 5 minutes, for 20 minutes or until light brown. Set aside for 1 hour to cool.
- Spoon the muesli among serving bowls. Serve with skim milk and poached pineapple & strawberries, if desired.
Nutritions of Cinnamon and cranberry mueslifatContent: 234.22 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein