Turn a breakfast favourite into a fun dinner option. These savoury pancakes combine flip-tastic appeal and kid-friendly flavours of ham and pineapple for a great midweek meal.
The ingredient of Hawaiian pancake melts
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 20g butter, melted
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 150g shaved leg ham, shredded
- 225g can pineapple pieces, drained
The instruction how to make Hawaiian pancake melts
- Combine flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Make a well in centre. Whisk milk and eggs in a jug. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat an 18cm-round (base) non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan with a little melted butter. Pour u00bc cup batter into pan. Swirl pan to cover base. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 pancakes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Line a large baking tray with foil. Place 1 pancake on prepared tray. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Top with another pancake and 1 tablespoon cheese. Top with another pancake to make a stack of 3 pancakes. Top with u00bc of the ham and pineapple. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Repeat to make 4 stacks of pancakes.
- Grill pancake stacks for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Hawaiian pancake meltsfatContent: 499.749 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 52.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 28.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 151 milligrams cholesterol