This fruity loaf is a sophisticated alternative to banana bread.
The ingredient of Fig and pear loaf
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup dried figs, chopped
- 1 cup pear, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm cubes
The instruction how to make Fig and pear loaf
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Sift flour into a large bowl along with brown sugar, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda. Make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and canola oil until well combined. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture, folding gently until just combined. Fold through figs and pear.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased and lined 10cm x 20cm loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Slice and serve warm, toasted or at room temperature with butter, if desired.
Nutritions of Fig and pear loaffatContent: 426.615 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 60 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 34 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 75 milligrams cholesterol