Watch this delicious loaf disappear almost as soon as its out of the oven.
The ingredient of Country seeded loaf
- Olive oil, to grease
- 450g (3 cups) plain bread flour (see note)
- 1 tablespoon (14g/2 sachets) dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250ml (1 cup) warm milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon linseeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin kernels (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Milk, to brush
The instruction how to make Country seeded loaf
- Combine flour, yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in salt. Make a well in the centre. Add milk and butter.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture until well combined, then use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Brush a large bowl with olive oil to grease. Place the dough in the bowl and cover with a damp tea towel. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place to prove for 45 minutes-1 hour or until the dough has almost doubled in size.
- Punch down the centre of the dough with your fist. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 2 minutes or until the dough is elastic and has returned to its original size
- Preheat oven to 200C. Brush an 8cm-deep, 11 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf pan with olive oil to lightly grease.
- Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out the dough to a 30cm square. Sprinkle with linseeds, poppy seeds, pumpkin kernels and 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds. Fold the dough in half to enclose the seeds and knead until well combined. Shape into a 20cm-long loaf. Place in the prepared pan. Cover with a damp tea towel. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place to prove for 30 minutes or until the dough has almost doubled in size.
- Brush the top of the loaf with milk and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Turn onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve at room temperature.
Nutritions of Country seeded loaffatContent: 207.93 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein