This sweet loaf is delicious served warm with a drizzle of maple syrup.
The ingredient of Date and walnut loaf
- 240g (1 1/2 cups) pitted dried dates, halved
- 310mls (1 1/4 cups) water
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) dark brown sugar
- 80g butter, cubed
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 x 100g pkt walnut pieces
The instruction how to make Date and walnut loaf
- Place the dates, water, brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a heat-resistant bowl. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Brush a 9.5cm x 19.5cm (base measurement) loaf pan with the melted butter to grease.
- Sift the flour and mixed spice into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs to the date mixture and stir to combine. Pour the date mixture into the flour mixture and use a wooden spoon to combine. Add the walnuts and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the greased pan and bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutritions of Date and walnut loaffatContent: