Add a ray of sunshine to brekkie with dried tropical fruit, coconut and macadamias. Macadamias may be a hard nut to crack, hence its premium price - but the rich flavour and texture are so worth it.
The ingredient of Golden granola
- 205g (2 1/4 cups) rolled oats
- 145g (1 cup) macadamia halves
- 30g (1/2 cup) coconut flakes
- 80g (1/2 cup) pepitas (pumpkin kernels)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 95g (1/2 cup) dried pineapple
- 95g (1/2 cup) dried pawpaw (see note)
- 40g (1/3 cup) dried banana chips
- Low fat milk, to serve
The instruction how to make Golden granola
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine oats, macadamia, coconut and pepitas in a large bowl.
- Stir honey and oil in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until smooth and combined. Pour over oat mixture. Stir until well combined. Spread over prepared tray. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes, for 12-14 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Set aside on the tray to cool completely.
- Transfer the oat mixture to a large bowl. Add the pineapple, pawpaw and banana chips. Toss to combine. Serve with milk.
Nutritions of Golden granolafatContent: 319.065 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 34 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 4.8 grams protein