Start the weekend with these delightful little bacon, egg & feta tarts.
The ingredient of Bacon, egg and feta tarts
- 4 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150g chopped bacon
- 100g feta, drained, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Wild rocket, to serve
The instruction how to make Bacon, egg and feta tarts
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Using a saucer as a guide, cut circles about 13cm diameter from each pastry sheet. Transfer to the tray, then score a 2cm border around each circle, without cutting right through. Prick area inside border with a fork. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until it starts to crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Fill each tart base with feta and top with bacon, staying within the border. Bake for 8 minutes or until the sides have risen. Gently push down the pastry in the centre using the back of a spoon, then break an egg into each. Season, sprinkle with parmesan, then return to the oven for a further 5-7 minutes until the eggs are set and the pastry is golden. Serve with rocket.
Nutritions of Bacon, egg and feta tartsfatContent: