The sweet tomato salad is the perfect complement to this hearty cheese omelette.
The ingredient of Two-cheese omelette with tomato salad
- 8 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 60g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- buttered wholegrain toast, to serve
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved lengthways
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
The instruction how to make Two-cheese omelette with tomato salad
- Make tomato salad: Combine tomatoes, olives, onion and parsley in a bowl. Drizzle with vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Season with cracked black pepper. Beat lightly with a fork. Preheat oven to 160u00b0C.
- Heat a 16cm (base), non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of butter and swirl to coat. Pour in one-quarter of the egg mixture. Tilting pan to allow uncooked egg to run over base, cook for 1 minute or until partially set.
- Sprinkle one-quarter of the feta and tasty cheeses over the top. Cook for 1 minute or until the omelette base has set (top should still be wet). Fold omelette in half to enclose filling. Place on an oven tray and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture and cheeses to make 3 more omelettes. Serve with tomato salad and toast.
Nutritions of Two-cheese omelette with tomato saladfatContent: 317.153 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein