Bean sprouts only need a trim and a quick toss in the pan before being added to this tasty Thai omelette.
The ingredient of Pork & bean sprout omelette
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200g pork mince
- 1 shallot, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Pinch of white pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 50g (2/3 cup) bean sprouts, trimmed
- Sliced long fresh red chilli, to serve
- Thinly sliced shallot, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork & bean sprout omelette
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a 20cm (base measurement) non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook garlic, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until the mince changes colour. Stir in shallot. Season with salt and white pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
- Whisk eggs and fish sauce in a bowl.
- Wipe pan clean. Heat remaining oil in pan over high heat. Add one-quarter of the egg mixture, tilting pan to cover base. As the omelette sets, lift edge so any uncooked egg runs underneath. Top with one-quarter of the pork mixture and one-quarter of the bean sprouts. Cook for 3 minutes or until set. Slide onto a plate and cover with foil. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with remaining egg mixture, pork mixture and bean sprouts. Divide among serving plates. Top with chilli and shallot.
Nutritions of Pork & bean sprout omelettefatContent: 262.9 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein