Its Saturday! Celebrate by indulging in this wickedly good coconut French toast.
The ingredient of Coconut French toast with caramelised pineapple
- 40g butter
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1/2 ripe pineapple, peeled, halved, cored, thickly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices panettone
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Shredded kaffir lime leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Coconut French toast with caramelised pineapple
- Melt half the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Sprinkle 1 tablespoonful of the sugar over both sides of the pineapple. Add half the pineapple to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until pineapple caramelises. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining pineapple.
- Whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, cinnamon and remaining sugar in a medium shallow bowl until well combined. Melt the remaining butter in the pan. Dip 2 slices of panettone into the egg mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Continue in 3 more batches with remaining egg mixture and panettone.
- Arrange French toast among serving plates. Top with pineapple, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with lime leaves.
Nutritions of Coconut French toast with caramelised pineapplefatContent: 439.043 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 50 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 27 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 131 milligrams cholesterol