Get cracking with this Mothers Day brekkie!
The ingredient of Egg hearts on toast with avocado & tomato salsa
- Olive oil spray
- 2 eggs
- 2 thick slices multigrain bread
- Butter (optional), at room temperature, to spread
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small avocado, stone removed, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
The instruction how to make Egg hearts on toast with avocado & tomato salsa
- To make the salsa, combine the tomato, avocado, lemon juice and chives in a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Spray two 6cm heart-shaped cutters with oil. Place the cutters in the prepared pan. Carefully break an egg into each cutter. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread until golden. Spread with a little butter, if desired, and place on serving plates.
- Use tongs to carefully lift the cutters away from the eggs. Top each piece of toast with an egg. Spoon over the salsa and sprinkle with parmesan.
Nutritions of Egg hearts on toast with avocado & tomato salsafatContent: 286.8 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein