Feast your eyes on British bacon and eggs that even the saucepan lids will love!
The ingredient of Bubble n squeak
- 800g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 200g green cabbage, shredded
- 20g butter
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot English mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 middle bacon rashers
- 4 eggs
The instruction how to make Bubble n squeak
- Place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 12 to 15 minutes or until potato is tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Mash. Set aside to cool.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Cook cabbage for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a 22cm (base) heavy-based, non-stick, flameproof frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mustard. Stir to combine. Add onion mixture and cabbage to potato. Stir to combine. Heat pan over low heat. Spread potato mixture over base of pan, pressing down firmly. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until base is crisp.
- Preheat grill on high. Place pan under grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until top is golden. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a plate.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until browned and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Reduce heat to medium. Cook eggs on 1 side for 2 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks still soft.
- Cut bubble n squeak into wedges. Serve with bacon and eggs.
Nutritions of Bubble n squeakfatContent: 433.068 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 26.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 19.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 232 milligrams cholesterol