The flavour of cranberries and oranges combine to create a sweet loaf with fragrant citrus notes.
The ingredient of Cranberry, walnut and orange loaf
- 7g sachet dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups Lighthouse bread and pizza plain flour
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
The instruction how to make Cranberry, walnut and orange loaf
- Grease a large baking tray. Place yeast, sugar and warm water in a jug. Whisk with a fork until yeast has dissolved. Stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Sift flour and malt powder into a large bowl. Make a well. Add salt, yeast mixture and oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough for 10 to 15 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a large, lightly greased bowl. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Using your fist, punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth.
- Gradually knead in orange rind, cranberries and half the walnuts. Shape dough into a 15cm round loaf. Place on prepared tray. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until dough has almost doubled in size. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced.
- Meanwhile, place remaining walnuts in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Cut a shallow criss-cross pattern in centre of dough. Brush top with egg. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until bread is golden and sounds hollow when tapped. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritions of Cranberry, walnut and orange loaffatContent: 347.267 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 47.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 8.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 24 milligrams cholesterol