This beautiful frittata is best served warm with a dollop of creme fraiche, salmon roe and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
The ingredient of Smoked trout and herb frittata
- 8 eggs
- 400ml cream
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200g smoked trout, flaked
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 50g jar salmon roe
- Extra chopped fresh herbs, to garnish
The instruction how to make Smoked trout and herb frittata
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream and milk in a bowl. Add the spring onion, trout, herbs and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Melt the butter in a 26cm frying pan (with an ovenproof handle) and add the egg mixture. Cook over very low heat, gently pulling the frittata away from the sides of the pan occasionally, until the base and sides are set (this can take up to 30 minutes). Transfer to the oven for 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve warm with creme fraiche, salmon roe and chopped herbs, to garnish.
Nutritions of Smoked trout and herb frittatafatContent: 605.387 calories
saturatedFatContent: 53 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 31 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 25 grams protein