Each type of mushroom brings its own flavour and texture to this hearty vegetarian omelette.
The ingredient of Mixed mushroom omelette
- 20g butter
- 50g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 50g Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 50g cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 20g butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Cherry tomatoes, to serve
The instruction how to make Mixed mushroom omelette
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a bowl.
- Beat eggs and 2 tablespoons cold water in a bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat grill on high.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium-high heat until just warm. Add butter. Tilt pan back and forth until butter sizzles.
- Beat eggs again. Pour into pan. Tilt pan so eggs cover base. Using a wooden spoon, drag cooked egg from outer edge into centre. Tilt pan so uncooked egg comes into contact with base.
- Place pan under grill. Grill until omelette is lightly browned. Cut omelette in half and slide onto plates. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with halved cherry tomatoes.
Nutritions of Mixed mushroom omelettefatContent: 302.096 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 1.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 15.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 424 milligrams cholesterol