These warm coconut pancakes with banana and a generous drizzle of luscious chocolate sauce are simply irresistible.
The ingredient of Coconut pancakes with banana and chocolate sauce
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut cream, plus extra to serve
- 40g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to brush
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 200ml pure (thin) cream
- 50ml milk
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 20g good-quality cocoa powder
The instruction how to make Coconut pancakes with banana and chocolate sauce
- Sift the flour into a large bowl with sugar, eggs, coconut cream, butter, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Whisk to combine, then stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, place cream and milk in a pan over medium heat. Bring to just below boiling point, then remove from the heat.
- Whisk in chocolate until melted, whisk in cocoa until smooth.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- Check the consistency of the batter before you start to cook the crepes - the mixture should resemble runny cream. If its too thick, add a little warm water.
- Brush a 15cm crepe pan with extra melted butter and place over medium heat. Pour in enough batter to coat the base of the pan, then cook for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 crepes.
- To serve, fold crepes into triangles on plates, tuck in banana slices, drizzle with warm chocolate sauce and cream.
Nutritions of Coconut pancakes with banana and chocolate saucefatContent: