The ingredient of Sardines on toast with pine nuts & capers
- 8 1.5cm-thick slices ciabatta bread
- 200g low-fat ricotta
- Salt (optional) & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 106g cans sardines in spring water, drained, halved lengthways
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed, drained, chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
The instruction how to make Sardines on toast with pine nuts & capers
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Toast the bread under preheated grill for 1 minute each side or until golden. Place on a baking tray.
- Place the ricotta in a small bowl. Season with salt, if using, and lots of pepper, and mix well. Spread evenly over the toast. Place the halved sardines on the toast in a single layer.
- Combine parsley, pine nuts, capers, garlic and lemon rind in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle evenly over the sardines. Place toasts under the grill and cook for 3 minutes or until pine nuts are golden. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Sardines on toast with pine nuts & capersfatContent: 350.135 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
sugarContent: 35 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein