These pikelets are low-fat and low-kilojoule. They are best served immediately with the whipped ricotta and jam.
The ingredient of Pikelets with jam and whipped ricotta
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 80g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- Pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 185ml (3/4 cup) reduced-fat milk
- 1 egg
- Melted butter, to grease
- 170g (1/2 cup) fig or blackberry jam
- 500g low-fat ricotta
- 60g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
The instruction how to make Pikelets with jam and whipped ricotta
- Sift the flour, sugar and bicarbonate of soda into a medium mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a jug. Use a wooden spoon to gradu-ally stir milk mixture into dry ingredients, beating gently until smooth.
- Brush a non-stick frying pan lightly with melted butter to grease and heat over medium-low heat. To make 4 pikelets, pour 4 dessertspoonfuls of batter into pan from the tip of the spoon, about 4cm apart. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden underneath and bubbles appear on surface. Turn pikelets over and cook other side for 30 seconds or until golden underneath. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan lightly with melted butter before cooking each batch.
- To make whipped ricotta, place ricotta, sugar, milk and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Use an electric beater to whisk until well combined and fluffy.
- To serve, top each pikelet with 1 teaspoon of jam and 1 tablespoon of whipped ricotta.
Nutritions of Pikelets with jam and whipped ricottafatContent: 78.87 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 3 grams protein