The ingredient of Mediterranean pickled lemons with paprika
- 2 lemons
- 21/2 tablespoons table or sea salt
- Sweet paprika, to sprinkle
- Olive oil, to fill jar
The instruction how to make Mediterranean pickled lemons with paprika
- Cut the lemons into 5mm-thick slices and place in a single layer on a wire rack over a tray. Sprinkle each slice generously with the salt. Place in the freezer for 2 hours or until frozen.
- Remove the lemons from the freezer and set aside at room temperature for 12 hours to draw out the moisture.
- Preheat oven to 100u00b0C. Wash a 250ml (1-cup) jar well and then rinse. Place upside down in the oven for 5 minutes or until completely dry.
- Remove jar from oven. Layer the lemon slices in the jar, sprinkling with a little paprika after each layer. Fill the jar with olive oil, making sure the lemons are completely covered.
- Seal the jar and set aside at room temperature for 3-4 weeks to mature - the lemon rind will become soft and the flavours will mellow.
Nutritions of Mediterranean pickled lemons with paprikafatContent: