For a creative twist on golden hash browns, add the sweetness of apples.
The ingredient of Apple hash browns
- 200g trussed cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons olive oil to fry
- 400g red apples, unpeeled, grated
- 400g sebago potatoes, peeled, grated
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 bunch English spinach, washed, trimmed
- 8 slices of prosciutto
The instruction how to make Apple hash browns
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place cherry tomatoes on baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 25 minutes. Combine red apples, sebago potatoes, and eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 20g unsalted butter over a medium heat. Spoon 1/4 cup of mixture into pan and spread slightly to form a 10cm disc (cook 2-3 at a time). Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and keep warm in the oven.
- Add English spinach to frying pan and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Serve the hash browns topped with spinach, tomatoes and 2 slices of prosciutto, grilled until crisp, for each serve.
Nutritions of Apple hash brownsfatContent: 289.668 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein
sodiumContent: 127 milligrams cholesterol