Turn the irresistible breakfast combination of bacon and eggs into these little pies which can be enjoyed any time of the day.
The ingredient of Egg and bacon pies
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, partially thawed, halved diagonally
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 200g middle bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Egg and bacon pies
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C/170u00b0C fan-forced. Place a baking tray in oven. Line four 7.5cm (base) pie tins with shortcrust pastry. Trim excess. Prick base with a fork. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until bacon is golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Combine bacon and chives in a bowl. Crack 4 eggs into a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Divide whisked egg between pastry cases. Sprinkle with bacon mixture and parmesan. Crack 1 remaining egg into each pastry case. Season with pepper.
- Place tins on hot baking tray in oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are just set and pastry is golden. Stand pies in tins for 5 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Egg and bacon piesfatContent: 558.304 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 270 grams protein
sodiumContent: 425 milligrams cholesterol