Prep this for Chrissie breakfast the night before. Make the creamy topping and pop in the fridge with the cherry mixture, ready to roast in the morning.
The ingredient of Roasted cherry bruschetta
- 500g fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick or quill
- 2 whole star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 orange, zested, juiced
- 120g soft goatu2019s cheese
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
- 12 slices panettone, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup (35g) pistachios, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Roasted cherry bruschetta
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place the cherries, caster sugar, cinnamon, star anise and vanilla in a roasting pan. Drizzle with orange juice and sprinkle with orange zest. Gently toss to combine. Bake for 20 mins or until the cherries start to soften and the syrup thickens slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Place the goatu2019s cheese in a medium bowl. Use a fork to mash until smooth. Gradually add the cream and whisk with a balloon whisk until soft peaks form. Add icing sugar and whisk to combine.
- Place the panettone on serving plates. Top each slice with a dollop of goatu2019s cheese mixture. Spoon over the roasted cherries and sprinkle with pistachios and mint.
Nutritions of Roasted cherry bruschettafatContent: 547.549 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 60 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 35 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein