Satisfy hungry tummies with these golden haloumi and pea fritters served with a fresh tomato salad.
The ingredient of Haloumi and pea fritters with tomato salad
- 2 cups (240g) frozen peas, thawed
- 250g Coles Brand Haloumi, coarsely grated
- 2 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 350g mixed medley tomatoes, halved or thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves, coarsely shredded
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Haloumi and pea fritters with tomato salad
- Place the peas in a bowl. Use a fork to mash until coarsely crushed. Stir in the haloumi and egg. Add the flour and milk and stir until combined. Season.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pour three 1/4-cupfuls of pea mixture around the pan, allowing room for spreading. Cook for 2 mins or until golden. Turn. Cook for a further 2 mins or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with remaining pea mixture.
- Combine the tomato, onion, mint and pine nuts in a bowl. Add vinegar and remaining oil. Season. Toss to combine.
- Divide the fritters and salad among serving plates. Serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Haloumi and pea fritters with tomato saladfatContent: 499.032 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein