For a gourmet finish, top these tasty spinach and fetta fritters with diced avocado and a drizzle of basil pesto.
The ingredient of Spinach and feta fritters
- 250g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 2/3 cups (410ml) buttermilk
- 1 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Egg
- 25g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100g fetta, crumbled
- Olive oil spray
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves
The instruction how to make Spinach and feta fritters
- Use your hands to squeeze excess moisture from the spinach.
- Whisk the buttermilk, egg and butter in a jug. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the buttermilk mixture and whisk until just combined. Stir in the spinach and fetta. Season with pepper.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Spoon two 1/4-cup (60ml) portions of batter into the pan. Cook for 2 mins or until golden underneath. Turn and cook for 2 mins or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, spraying the pan between batches.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place tomatoes on a baking tray lined with foil and spray with oil. Cook under grill for 5 mins or until skin softens and tomatoes start to collapse.
- Combine the pesto and oil in a small bowl. Serve fritters with tomatoes and avocado, drizzled with the pesto mixture and sprinkled with basil.
Nutritions of Spinach and feta frittersfatContent: 637.174 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 62 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 23 grams protein