Natural, wholesome grains have been used around the world for centuries, but come alive in nourishing new treats.
The ingredient of Spelt and honey banana bread with dates and walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) whole spelt flour
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) white spelt flour
- 3/4 cup (155g) brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (100g) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (150g) dried pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups mashed banana
- 3/4 cup (185ml) vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup (80ml) honey
The instruction how to make Spelt and honey banana bread with dates and walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line the base and sides of two 8 x 20cm loaf pans.
- Combine the spelt flours, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the walnuts and dates and stir to combine.
- Combine the banana, oil, eggs and honey in a small bowl. Add to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Pour into the prepared pans and smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Transfer the loaves to a wire rack and set aside to cool. Use a large serrated knife to cut into slices. Serve the banana bread warm, at room temperature or toasted with butter, if desired.
Nutritions of Spelt and honey banana bread with dates and walnutsfatContent: