Fruit, spice and nuts star in our twist on this baked brekkie invention of cranberry granola.
The ingredient of Cranberry granola with poached rhubarb and yoghurt
- 140g (1 1/2 cups) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 11/2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 40g (1/4 cup) slivered almonds, toasted
- 40g (1/4 cup) dried cranberries
- 1 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 bunch rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 250g punnet strawberries, washed, hulled, halved
- 330g (1 1/4 cups) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
The instruction how to make Cranberry granola with poached rhubarb and yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the oats, maple syrup, oil and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread over tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool. Stir in almonds and cranberries.
- Meanwhile, combine orange rind, orange juice, rhubarb, sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Cover. Simmer for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is just tender. Fold in strawberries. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the yoghurt and vanilla in a bowl. Divide rhubarb mixture among glasses. Top with granola and yoghurt.
Nutritions of Cranberry granola with poached rhubarb and yoghurtfatContent: 513.85 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 62 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein