Vibrant, bright-green choy sum livens up any winter dish, and its quick to cook, too. Heres a new way to serve stir-fried greens: in fluffy Asian-style omelettes.
The ingredient of Choy sum omelettes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 eggs
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 1 bunch choy sum, leaves and stems separated
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
The instruction how to make Choy sum omelettes
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs and 2 tablespoons water in a large jug. Pour half the egg mixture into the pan and tilt to coat the base. Cook for 2 minutes or until set around the edges. Fold in half. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with another 2 teaspoons oil and the remaining egg mixture.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the choy sum stems, garlic, ginger and remaining water for 1-2 minutes or until the stems are just tender.
- Add the choy sum leaves, soy sauce, oyster sauce and dry sherry. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until the leaves wilt. Season with pepper. Serve in the omelettes.
Nutritions of Choy sum omelettesfatContent: 175.665 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein
sodiumContent: 217 milligrams cholesterol