Dont let watercress go to waste - its the perfect garnish for this impressive salmon starter.
The ingredient of Zucchini & dill frittata with smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 7 eggs
- 235g (1 cup) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 x 220g pkt smoked salmon
- 1/2 bunch watercress, sprigs picked, washed, dried
The instruction how to make Zucchini & dill frittata with smoked salmon
- Heat half the oil in a 20cm (base measurement) non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Wipe the pan clean.
- Whisk the eggs and 65g (1/4 cup) of the sour cream in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the zucchini mixture and half the dill.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Reduce heat to low and cook for 6-7 minutes or until the frittata is set around the edge but still runny in the centre.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on medium. Place the pan under the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes or until frittata is golden brown and just set.
- Combine the remaining sour cream and dill in a small bowl. Cut the frittata into 6 wedges. Divide among serving plates. Top with salmon, sour cream mixture and watercress to serve.
Nutritions of Zucchini & dill frittata with smoked salmonfatContent: 333.405 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein