Try these energy-packed homemade treats — they’re great for when you’re on the go.
The ingredient of Fruit and almond muesli bars
- 450g pkt chopped dried fruit medley
- 100g pkt flaked almonds
- 90g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 85g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 100g butter
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) honey
The instruction how to make Fruit and almond muesli bars
- Line a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slab pan with non-stick baking paper, allowing the long edges to overhang.
- Combine the dried fruit, almonds, oats and coconut in a bowl. Stir the butter, sugar and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, without stirring, for 10 minutes or until the syrup reaches soft-ball stage. (See notes).
- Stir syrup into the oat mixture. Press into the prepared pan. Set aside for 6 hours to cool or until firm. Cut into slices.
Nutritions of Fruit and almond muesli barsfatContent: 289.19 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 3.5 grams protein