These sweet muffins taste great hot from the oven or at room temperature making them the perfect any time snack.
The ingredient of Date and maple syrup muffins
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 100g butter, cubed
- 200g pitted dried dates, finely chopped
- 125mls (1/2 cup) pure maple syrup
- 125mls (1/2 cup) water
- 250mls (1 cup) milk
- 400g (2 1/2 cups) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 60mls (1/4 cup) pure maple syrup, extra
- Extra butter at room temperature, to serve
The instruction how to make Date and maple syrup muffins
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Brush 12 medium, 80mls (1/3 cup) muffin pans with the melted butter to grease.
- Place the butter, dates, maple syrup and water in a small saucepan. Cover and heat over medium heat for 6 minutes, stirring Occasionally, or until the butter has melted. (See microwave tip.) Remove from the heat and stir in the milk.
- Sift together flour and mixed spice into large bowl and return husks to bowl. Add date mixture and eggs and stir with a large metal spoon until just combined. Dont overmix - the mixture should be lumpy.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the greased muffin pans and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until browned and cooked through when tested with a skewer. Turn muffins onto a wire rack and brush the tops with some of the extra maple syrup. Serve with the extra butter and drizzled with the remaining extra maple syrup.
Nutritions of Date and maple syrup muffinsfatContent: