Delight the kids with these amazing technicolour waffles.
The ingredient of Rainbow waffles
- 450g (3 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 435ml (1 3/4 cups) milk
- 3 eggs
- 90g butter, melted
- 6 different food colourings (see note)
- Ice-cream, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
The instruction how to make Rainbow waffles
- Preheat a waffle maker. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar. Use a balloon whisk to whisk in the milk, eggs and butter until well combined.
- Divide the mixture among 6 bowls. Add a different food colouring to each bowl, adding a few drops at a time and stirring until mixture is vibrant in colour.
- Spoon each portion into a separate piping or sealable plastic bag. Cut end or corner off each bag and stand upright in a glass.
- Pipe 1 coloured mixture in a ring about 2cm from the edge of the waffle maker. Pipe a different coloured ring inside the first ring. Repeat, using different colours, to make 4-5 rings. Close the waffle maker. Cook for 1 minute or until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining mixtures, alternating colours for each waffle.
- Stack waffles on a plate. Top with ice-cream and maple syrup.
Nutritions of Rainbow wafflesfatContent: