Cannellini beans make these delicious breakfast fritters high in protein and a good source of antioxidants.
The ingredient of Haloumi, pea and chia fritters recipe
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 150g haloumi, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 middle bacon rashers, rind removed
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- Mashed avocado, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Haloumi, pea and chia fritters recipe
- Pulse cannellini beans, peas and chia seeds in a food processor until coarsely mashed. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add haloumi, zucchini and shallot. Mix until well combined.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Shape 1u20443 cupfuls of mixture into 12 rough fritters. Place half the fritters in the pan and use an egg lift to flatten slightly. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a separate frying pan over medium-high heat, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Divide fritters, bacon and salad leaves among serving plates. Serve with mashed avocado and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Haloumi, pea and chia fritters recipefatContent: 390.765 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein