The ingredient of Stollen (Germany)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) warm milk
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar, plus 1/3 cup (70g) extra
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- 1 cup (165g) dried fruit
- 70g slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dark rum
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups (450g) plain flour
- 30g butter, melted
- Icing sugar, to serve
The instruction how to make Stollen (Germany)
- Combine milk, sugar, dried yeast and 2 tablespoons warm water in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place dried fruit, almonds and rum in a bowl and set aside. Use an electric beater to beat butter and extra sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the yeast mixture, cinnamon and flour to the butter mixture and mix until a dough forms. Knead on a floured surface until smooth. Place in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Punch down the dough. Press into a 30cm square. Sprinkle with the fruit and roll up to enclose fruit.
- Roll the log until 60cm long. Fold dough in half lengthways and place on the tray. Press the centre join together gently. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden and cake sounds hollow when tapped.
- Brush the loaf with the melted butter while still hot and sprinkle generously with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Stollen (Germany)fatContent: 566.43 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 74 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 32 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein