Left-over Christmas turkey or chicken is reinvented in this gourmet pate.
The ingredient of Christmas ploughmans
- 1 1/4 cups (200g) shredded cold cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup (180g) chopped ham
- 125g cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 275ml chicken consomme*
- 2 gelatine leaves*
- 8 pink peppercorns*
- Wedge of cheddar, to serve
- Good-quality chutney, to serve
- Watercress leaves, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Christmas ploughmans
- Place chicken or turkey, ham, cream cheese, chives and 100ml consomme in a food processor, and process until smooth. Spoon into small serving dishes or 1 larger dish, then smooth the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Place the remaining 175ml consomme in a saucepan over medium heat until just below simmering point. Meanwhile, soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes to soften, then squeeze out excess water. Remove consomme pan from the heat, add gelatine and stir to dissolve. Allow to cool slightly.
- Uncover pate and press peppercorns onto surface, then cover with a thin layer of consomme mixture. Cover again and chill for 1 hour or until jelly is firm.
- Serve the pate (it will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days) as part of a ploughmans lunch with cheddar, chutney, watercress and crusty bread.
Nutritions of Christmas ploughmansfatContent: