Simple, budget-friendly, quick, low-fat and wholesome - this tuna and rice salad ticks all the boxes. Pack some in your work lunch box or serve it as a light lunch or side salad.
The ingredient of Rice and tuna salad
- 1 corn cob, husks removed
- 425g can John West tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 3 cups (450g) cooked jasmine rice
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup (65g) low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Rice and tuna salad
- Cook the corn in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. Use a sharp knife to cut either side of the cob to remove the kernels. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the tuna, cooked rice, shallots and mayonnaise to the corn and mix to combine. Serve the rice and tuna salad in the lettuce leaves with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Rice and tuna saladfatContent: 328.625 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 49 grams carbohydrates