The ingredient of Spinach pie
- 30g butter
- 10 to 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 250g packet frozen spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Spinach pie
- Lightly grease a 24cm (base) x 28cm (top) heavy-based frying pan. Butter 1 side of each piece of bead. Line base and sides of frying pan with bread, butter-side down, trimming to fit and overlapping where necessary.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk eggs and water in a jug with a fork to combine. Slowly stir egg mixture into flour. Add cheese, spinach, onion, and salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Pour spinach mixture over bread. Use a spatula to smooth top. Partially cover frying pan with a lid. Place over medium-low heat. Cook for 20 minutes or until spinach mixture is almost set.
- Preheat grill on high heat. Place frying pan under grill for 4 minutes or until set in centre and golden on top. Slice. Serve with salad, for lunch or dinner.
Nutritions of Spinach piefatContent: 426.854 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein
sodiumContent: 207 milligrams cholesterol